Join our Cast of Donors & help keep the Lobero stage vibrant!
The Lobero is a community treasure. There are many ways community members can become involved with the historic theatre, beyond attending a performance.
A gift to our Lobero Fund supports all the great work that happens at the theater, from community outreach to performances and the continued preservation of an important historic building.
How you can help
The Lobero Theatre Foundation was established as a 501c3 non-profit organization in 1938 to act as stewards for, and to raise funds to maintain and operate an important historic institution. As committed managers of this community treasure, we ask for your partnership.
- Text Lobero to 41444 to Make a Gift from your phone
- Make a donation to the Brubeck Circle to support American Roots Music and music education programs
- Ensure that performing arts remain accessible with a gift to our Youth & Community Outreach programs
- Consider naming the Lobero in your estate plan, endowing your love of this historic theater for generations to come
These donors provide the leadership and support that brings life to our stage. The strong and steady support of the Lobero Ghostlight Society will illuminate our behind-the-scenes efforts and – like the steadfast bulb at center stage – keep our vibrant theater from ever going dark.
It’s a theatrical tradition dating back to Shakespeare’s Old Globe…
After the curtains have fluttered shut, the audience has shuffled out and the last of the costumes have been draped back on the rack, the house lights go dark.
But one lamp glows through the night. Every night.
Members of the Ghostlight Society enjoy the following benefits:
- Guaranteed Priority Seating to all Lobero LIVE shows
- Invitation to pre-and post-show events
- Invitation to meet the artists
- Option to underwrite events
- Special recognition in Backstage at the Lobero
- Access to the Lobero Ghostlight “ticket hotline”
- Invitation to the exclusive Ghostlight Society special events
The Lobero Associates
This year, The Lobero Theatre Associates celebrate their 50th Anniversary! It’s thanks to their stellar partnership that patrons can enjoy improvements to the Lobero’s courtyard, a new ticketing system, the Steinway grand piano, an updated ladies’ restroom, beautiful holiday décor on the esplanade, replacement of our historic theater’s beloved curtain, youth outreach programs, and so much more.
THE LOBERO THEATRE ASSOCIATES – MAKING AN IMPACT FOR 50 YEARS
This year, The Lobero Theatre Associates celebrate their 50th Anniversary! The dynamic women’s auxiliary group is passionate about the Lobero and view our historic theater as a community treasure. Their mission is to aid the Lobero financially in whatever way they can to help keep this architectural and cultural jewel vibrant for future generations. Associates can also be found at the theater in a variety of other roles, such as volunteering for a committee, ushering, decorating for an event, or hosting a luncheon. Established in 1972, The Associates have raised more than a million dollars for the Lobero over the last five decades.
It’s thanks to their stellar partnership that patrons can enjoy improvements to the Lobero’s courtyard, a new ticketing system, the Steinway grand piano, an updated ladies’ restroom, beautiful holiday décor on the esplanade, replacement of our historic theater’s beloved curtain, youth outreach programs, and so much more. The entire arts community benefits from the work of these ladies and we are very grateful for their passion and dedication. The Associates hold a Board Seat on the Lobero Theatre Foundation (which manages, maintains, preserves, and programs events at the Lobero) and the Associates’ President attends meetings.
The group, with a current membership of approximately 70 ladies, welcomed 12 new members this year. This fun, diverse group of women ranges from moms with young children to grandmothers, working women, and retirees. These fabulous fundraisers are always open to new members who would like to help make a positive impact on the Lobero. Two levels of membership are available – Active Member, if one has time to attend monthly meetings, or as a Mini Member, who is involved more casually.
- Attend monthly lunch meetings, co-hosted by a rotation of Active Members, Oct – June, first Wed of each month
- Participate in the December Holiday Tea & fundraising events
- Enjoy voting privileges
- Participate in the Holiday Tea & fundraising events, but do not attend meetings or have voting privileges
- Can participate in planning committees for fundraising events
Either way, all members have access to exciting top notch social events, such as the lovely annual Signature Holiday Tea each winter (where prospective guests of members are encouraged to attend), the Hats Off Luncheon each spring (with a special invited artist or performer), the New Membership Luncheon, The Associate Night’s Out, and more. The events are hosted around town at various venues, such as The Biltmore, Uncorked Kitchen, SB Yacht Club, La Cumbre Country Club, the Lobero’s back courtyard, or at the home of a generous individual on a committee who offers to host a luncheon.
For more information on how to become a member, please contact Sheila Caldwell at email@example.com.
If you’re passionate about jazz and American roots music, make a contribution to the Brubeck Circle to support outstanding performances and ongoing jazz music education in local schools.
Keep the Music Playin’
The Brubeck Circle of donors has made it possible for the Lobero to bring amazing jazz, blues and roots artists like Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Dr. John, Chris Thile, Robert Cray, and Keb’ Mo’ to the stage. But the Brubeck Circle does more than just bring great performers to Santa Barbara. Funds are used to ensure that local students receive music education and carry the legacy of uniquely American music into the next generation.
Contributions made by the Brubeck Circle ensures that we can continue to bring music programs to local youth, like:
- Santa Barbara Vocal Jazz Foundation residencies at local elementary schools, teaching jazz history, appreciation and performance to hundreds of children each year.
- Jazz and rock performances by local students on the Lobero stage, giving participants a professional performance experience with a skilled stage crew and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Residencies and master classes with touring artists like Derek Douget, Tierney Sutton, Terence Blanchard, and the Brubeck Fellows from University of the Pacific.
- Free or discounted tickets to students and families for jazz and family-friendly performances at the Lobero.
Whether through a living trust or an estate plan, your Endowment gift helps to secure the Lobero’s future.
ENDOWING OUR FUTURE
It’s easier than you may think. Help continue our work through a gift to our endowment.
There are a number of charitable gift and estate planning options the will allow you to partner with us in supporting our local arts for generations to come.
- CHARITABLE BEQUEST – Make a future gift to our endowment in your will or trust.
- BENEFICIARY DESIGNATIONS – Make a future gift to the endowment from your financial accounts, retirement accounts or life insurance.
- CHARITABLE LIFE ESTATE – Deed your property to us for the endowment and reserve lifetime use.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER OF THE LOBERO HERITAGE SOCIETY?
The Lobero Theatre Foundation is here to guarantee that the Lobero Theatre remains a vibrant home for Santa Barbara’s performing arts. The purpose of our endowment is to ensure and advance our mission to maintain and operate this treasured venue as a community asset in perpetuity. We have been stewards of this historic landmark since 1938, and are committed to providing a home for local music, dance, theatre and film today and for future generations.
WE CAN HELP!
To learn more about how you can make a significant gift to endow our future, please contact us. We would be happy to talk with you and provide a free illustration of the benefits of one or more of these plans for you.
Underwrite a performance
Your gift to underwrite a specific artist or performance means that outstanding events continue on the Lobero stage.