Hot Guitars… a Chilly First Thursday… and a Cool Historic Theatre District.
It’s been one week since the Lobero re-opened its doors after completion of the Encore: Lobero preservation work — and it’s been a killer first week back. On Wednesday night, Dec. 4, Warren Miller Films kicked things off with Ticket to Ride, the newest installment of adreneline-fueled ski ventures across the globe to a packed house.
Then on Thursday night, the Lobero Theatre Foundation opened up the new Esplanade from 7:30-9:30 pm for 1st Thursday: After Hours. This the first of six events hosted by the newly formed Historic Theatre District. Below is a gallery of brave folks who ventured out on a chilly evening for this fun event which included magic by Mark Collier, noshes from Sojourner Cafe, and beer from Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. Congratulations go out to 1st Thursday: After Hours raffle winners, Glenn & Lynda Van Patter, who can look forward to attending three stellar performances at all three theaters in the historic theatre district. (Look for more info from this partnership in the next few months.)
Then on Friday, Dec. 6, the Notes for Notes benefit concert with Jimmy Vivino & the Basic Cable Band with headliners including Slash and Alan Parsons brought down the house. It was a truly incredible evening of shredding for a most worthy cause. We’re already counting down to next year!
If you haven’t been by yet, grab a ticket to an upcoming show!
Tonight’s going to be an excellent performance by Los Angeles rockers Dawes, who were interviewed by the Independent last week. We’ve got great holiday entertainment from the Santa Barbara Choral Society this weekend and Santa Barbara Revels next weekend. Otherwise, you’re invited to come check out the new space during the Lobero’s Holiday Open House from 5-7 p.m. on December 17.
Read more from the news & interwebs, and check out a few photos below. Cheers!
- Santa Barbara Independent: The Lobero Reopens, New Features Promise Better Experience
- Noozhawk: Lobero Theatre Raises the Curtain After Six-Month, $7 Million Renovation
- Santa Barbara News-Press: Welcome back, Lobero : After six months of remodeling, the Lobero Theatre reopens with user-friendly improvements
- Santa Barbara Sentinel: Theater Thursday (part of “Man About Town,” p. 21 + 36)
- CASA Magazine: Local Theaters Establish Santa Barbara’s Historic Theatre District: Take a Spin on the Lobero Theatre’s Esplanade at 1st Thursday: After Hours (p. 6)
- Seasons Magazine Blog: Cocktail Corner: Enjoy Cocktails With Culture at 1st Thursday: After Hours
- Noozhawk: ‘1st Thursday: After Hours’ to Celebrate New Santa Barbara Historic Theatre District